The transport surface of the Coil car, Rails car, Transer car and Autonomous car can be flat, with support sleepers, or can be integrated specific elements such as cradles, in double wedge to support rounds such as ferrules or coils,in the direction of the march or also crosswise and one or several coils or rolls of strips with anti-tilt system. Thanks to their versatility, they have an unlimited field of application in sectors of heavy industry, automotive molds, steel mills, aereogeneration, etc…
― There are different classifications of Coil cars according to the type of wheels:
– On rails. With straight path rails, with curved path or even with crossings with other rails.
– On floor with Polyurethane wheels (Vulkollan type) usually Shore 85ºA for interior or mass rubber for exterior.
– Conventional movement (rear-wheel drive type) a steering axle and another drive axle.
– Dual axis movement, two axes both directives and motors simultaneously.
– Omnidirectional movement (multi-wheeler type), several sets of wheels that include independent traction and rotation allowing displacements in all directions.
― Coil Car Ox Classification by type of Power source:
– Power source by means hose reel. Being able to have a socket at one end in the case of short travel or central in case of long travel. You can even motorize the reel in case of very long runs.
– Powered through batteries. Sized according to the expected hours of use. Preferably with a full shift available for recharging although a flotation charging system with a charging station can be provided
– Powered by magnetic induction. Through pick-ups system that allows you to feed, without contact, a cable buried in the floor at ground level (civil works required). It allows integrating a buried cable tracking system that allows you to make curved, circular routes and even with crossings and changes of route. Being able to integrate predefined workstations and command by integrated system in central computer with program type SCADA.
We can also design and manufacture any type of platform or trailer suitable for your needs.
Coil Car standard speed 20m / min. Usually with variable frequency that allows you to vary this speed, above or below 10 to 30m / min). Optionally another range of speeds can be dimensioned.
Capacity: Usually we size the trolleys to overcome slopes of 3º to the maximum capacity of the trolley but, under express request, can be dimensioned more demanding capacities.
You can also overcome other architectural barriers but you have to define them very well in the bidding process so that sizing anticipates it.
Control: For economical applications, the control pendant is integrated by cable and usually by means of radiofrequency control (without cable) type joystick.
Securities: The active safety is carried out by the operator of the car with the control with continuous pulsed maneuvers (If you stop pressing the maneuver it stops). Passive safety has different levels of safety depending on the work area, if the area is delimited by a security perimeter may lack additional systems. If the car travels a straight path, usually on rails, a safety system can be provided on both fronts. If we want to have total security, they can be integrated into both fronts of a security laser detection system that can even predefine the area of the load (in case it protrudes) so that it does not hit any element in the path.
All the cars have an acoustic-luminous indicator. They have an emergency stop in the control and in the front of the electronic panel.
In addition to the options described above, you can also:
-Incorporate lifting, turning, weighing, etc., on the platform or on the support cradles.
– Hydraulic drive instead of electric traction and steering.
-Design car based on existing track width or provide specific rail material and travel stops.
-Calculation and analysis by finite elements.
Example of application for steel company.